Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another You

I try whenever possible to avoid using my real face on the net. I don't like cameras in general, but I especially don't like the idea of having my face out there. As of this moment, I use an avatar that was created through the yahoo avatar generator. Because I have used this image for many professional aspects, I have tried to make it look as much like me as possible, it even has a library in the background. That is why I love avatars. They can be another you or even another side of you.

That is where avatars can get pretty addicting. My husband plays WoW, those of you unfamiliar to the world of online gaming might not be aware that this stand for World of Warcraft. We joke that he has character ADD because of the option the game allows for him to create characters who not only have many different abilities, but also looks very different. When I was playing City of Heroes (one of the few MMORPGs {Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Game} that I have played), my characters often looked like something out of one of Stan Lee's comic books...yes, even right down to the red hair. Those of you who know me in real life know that I am far and beyond looking anything close to a statuesque red-haired vixen and my husband is definitely not a pointy eared Elf or Orc or whatever the character of the day.

Here are some more avatar sites you might enjoy:
Otaku Avatar Generator
LEGO Avatar Generator
Hero Machine
Create Your Own Marvel Superhero

*Please note a word of caution, as with anything free on the web, you run the risk of being vulnerable to malicious code. To my knowledge none of these sites are associated with any type of virus, but you never know.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the other avatar links -- this can get addictive!

    ReplyDelete