Friday, January 28, 2011

To the Cloud!

I use Google Docs all the time. Unfortunately, I have had the bad experience of having my hard-drive crash too many times or not being able to find a flash drive to save a document. Using Google Docs I can create my document and edit it on any computer. I have had trouble exporting to a .doc file, so usually I cut and paste into a new Word document when I need to send the file somewhere. The formating is usually a little off, but it is very easy to fix.

Cloud computing is wonderful. I use Delicious for my bookmarks and Google Docs for my papers and I have everything at my fingertips only a few clicks away from any computer. My favorite part about Google Docs? Well, Ms Susan, you can probably guess what is coming next. Pages is a $10 download form the app store (I am cheap, remember?), but I can use Google Docs for free. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Of course I want to show you something Free! It's a great alternative for our patrons who don't have access to costly software.

    Glad you are a fan and user of the Cloud!

    ReplyDelete