Friday, January 21, 2011

There's an app..err...gadget for that!

Personalized homepages are not something new. I used to have one through yahoo.com. The only thing I really liked about it was the daily comic box that let me read Luann and Garfield.

I customized my iGoogle account with news, cooking, and entertainment boxes as well as translators, maps, calculators, and a nice little animated Nemo theme at the top. Will I use this past creation?

Probably not. None of these are things that I will need right at my fingertips and to be honest it is just as quick to bring up mapquest as it is to bring up googlemaps. What was interesting was that as I was customizing I noticed that some of the gadget names seemed familiar. Well, guess what, there is an app for that? A lot of the gadgets I was looking at not only had the same appearance, but were also the same apps that I can download for free on my iPad. So is there a coincidence with the names iPad and iGoogle?

1 comment:

  1. As I started reading this post, I KNEW what was coming. "I can do this on my iPad."

    If you sense a wee little bit of jealousy, it's because I am, well, a wee little bit jealous!

    ReplyDelete